I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Inner Transformation

From the Tarot of the Sidhe, Dreamer Five (Five of Swords); from the Green Man Tree Oracle, Yew:


          Carding describes this Five of Swords as giving up or hope discarded. I feel this way with the anti-maskers and those who think a change from a Trump-led nation to a Democratic one will destroy America. Discussion isn't an option with closed-minded folks who cherry-pick random information rather accepting facts and spread misinformation on social media. What I've chosen to discard is any attempt to change their minds. Yet Yew, with its qualities of longevity and regeneration, presents a more positive slant instead of simply doing nothing. Even as the main trunk begins to die, low branches can root themselves in the soil and create a newer, healthier version of the tree. It reminds me that although I am powerless to change others, my own persistence in doing what is ethical and good (even when it feels overwhelming) can be transformative. 





No comments:

Post a Comment