I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 14, 2020

Readjusting the Scales

From the Tarot of the Cat People, Justice; from the Sacred Geometry Oracle, Continuous Proportion:

          Justice expects a straight answer when she asks me where my ideas, attitudes and actions are out of balance. I suspect 2020 has made many people feel like a released, blown up balloon that flies haphazardly without direction. We've all had the rug pulled out from beneath us in one way or another, so it's no wonder our scales are atilt. But the Continuous Proportion card asks me to look a little closer. This principle involves a set of numbers whose ratios are related - the first to the second, the second to the third, etc. For example, 1:3:9:27:81. It suggests I ask myself what is related or corresponds to my imbalance. Is my physical tiredness associated with inadequate exercise, an unhealthy diet or a lack of sleep? Is my negative attitude because the people I'm listening to see everything bad and nothing good in the world? Is my mind mush because I spend to much time watching TV or on the internet? There's only only person who can even up those scales - me.


4 comments:

  1. We really just need to go to the mirror and look deeply into our own eyes to know the 'right' for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. all I see is queen elizabeth staring back at me. I gotta get a haircut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been cutting my own hair for about 20 or more years now (not well, but I save a few bucks :D).

      Delete