I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Just the Weather

From the Primordial Tarot, the Moon; from the Wisdom of the Forest, Open:


          Moore maintains that although people say the Moon changes, she actually remains whole. It is only the amount of light that shines on her and the perspective from which she is viewed which makes her appear to change. Like the Moon, outer circumstances that create strong emotions can alter our ability to see the whole of reality. It is helpful to remember the words of Pema Chodron: "You are the sky. Everything else – it's just the weather." Open suggests we make an effort to unfurl our constricted bodies and minds that challenging situations often cause. The sky is much wider and more more spacious than my small view of it, as is reality. 



4 comments:

  1. The Moon, an appropriate draw for today, the last Full Moon of 2020. What can we view through the etheral mists Luna gives us the opportunity to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea it was the last full moon of the year. :)
      I hope to let those mists pass so I don't read into something based on fear rather than reality.

      Delete
  2. I took the opportunity to howl and hoot at the moon the last three nights. Greatly amused my new little dog. She is getting used to me way too fast :)
    This is the first I've seen of the redone deck, I wonder how we'd have reacted 15 years ago if LoS had done this kind of borders...still better than the multi-lingual

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad she is adjusting well! I've heard the friend's dog I fostered out has adapted wonderfully.
      The borders threw me at first, but I'm getting used to them. :)

      Delete