I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, December 13, 2020

Shaping the Day

From the Tarot of the Cat People, the Ace of Wands; from the Sacred Geometry Oracle, Cube:


          This Ace of Wands shows a firecat being birthed. I am reminded of how I have the opportunity to shape and form each day, as a potter at the wheel. I may not get to choose the type of clay I work with, but what I make of it is my doing alone. The Cube suggests the natural human response to each day is to smooth, settle and make things stable that are in flux. Yet it is impossible to set in concrete what I desire; each day's portion of clay must be shaped anew. 

as the moon sets
and the sun rises
may i begin my day
awake.

may i move through
each moment
mindfully
lightly
and with clarity.

a heart
bursting with love,

a mind
propped open,

may i shine
to lessen
the darkness
of
another being's
suffering.



No comments:

Post a Comment