I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 21, 2020

Striving

From the Tarot of the Sidhe, the Chariot; from the Green Man Tree Oracle, Spindle:

I was taught to strive not because there were any guarantees of success but because the act of striving is in itself the only way to keep faith with life.
― Madeleine Albright

          The Chariot illustrates that moment when we are willing to step beyond hope and take action on our goals. We strive to make progress toward what we envision. Yet the Spindle offers a few questions to ask before galloping down the road. The wood from this plant was often used to make spindles - implements used in hand spinning to twist and wind thread from a mass of wool or flax. It suggests that there are things that need to be united in order to make them more durable (and able to endure the journey we're about to embark on). Is my goal something I believe in deeply or something I feel I should do to please others? My heart and my head need to be united if I am to succeed in my quest.


No comments:

Post a Comment