I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 9, 2021

Action and Acceptance

From the Golden Tarot, the Six of Wands; from the Yantra Deck, Nonresistance:

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens.
Ecclesiastes 3:1

          There is a time to take action and a time to accept. It helps to remember the words of Reinhold Niebuhr: Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."

At fifteen life had taught me undeniably that surrender, in its place, was as honorable as resistance, especially if one had no choice. ~Maya Angelou 


4 comments:

  1. could apply to Elsa...watching closely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of Sixes. Yesterday/Today. Move beyond what has been dragging you down.

    ReplyDelete