I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Offering of Friendship

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Two of Cups; from the Kuan Yin Oracle, Verse 57:


          A young man offers a flower to a young woman, suggesting the beginning of a relationship of some kind. Friendship is the offering of an open and vulnerable heart; it requires time, effort energy and attention to someone other than oneself. I feel so sorry for those who think friendship is based on a number on Facebook. It is something much deeper and more meaningful than that platform even begins to touch. The 57th verse reads:
Destiny is giving you abundance,
Go on your way
with happiness and success as companions.
Leave the cares and sorrows of the past behind.
So many of my most cherished friendships are those that occurred when random paths crossed and connections were made. But it can be easy to sabotage budding friendships if I assume that people in my present will be just like those in my past. All those labels can damage and destroy any chance of allowing a new relationship to flower. It is imperative that I keep my heart in the present if I want to enjoy the presence of another.

2 comments:

  1. There are those that have come into my life that leave me scratching my head trying to figure them out. Some drift away, some have contributed to my hair loss. Those are the ones that as I get older I realize, are helping with life lessons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Those that challenge us can change us in good ways.

      Delete