I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 18, 2021

Legacies and Letting Be

This week I'll be using the New Liminal Tarot, created by Penelope Cline and self-published through Make Playing Cards. I'll also be using the Inward Oracle, created and self-published by Rayna Graham.  Today's draws are the Ten of Discs and Trust:

That is your legacy on this Earth when you leave this Earth: how many hearts you touched.
—Patti Davis

          Cline's card shows an elderly couple alone on their estate. Perhaps they have no children or are empty-nesters. But if you were to walk inside their home, I'm sure you would see pictures of friends and loved ones on their mantel. They have learned to live mindfully - appreciating what they have - but also feeling a deep gratitude for those who've shared the journey with them. When they die, they may leave money and goods to others, but more importantly they will leave hearts that are full and brimming too. In the Trust card, a woman stands on her head, elevating her heart about her head. When I worry, my mind busily churns out thoughts about a future that I am trying to outmaneuver as if it will arrive just as I imagine it. What might be a better option is to feel my emotions without feeding them (imagining the worst) and being tender and gentle with myself. Clarity needs two wings to fly, compassion and wisdom.

When we open to our feelings as they arise, we create the causes and conditions of mental and physical health. This is what acceptance-based inner awareness entails; it is not a practice to put off, any more than breathing, sleeping, or consuming nourishment.
― Josh Korda


2 comments:

  1. A lovely couple, reminiscing and spending their in gratitude and appreciation. Hard to be full of worry when you are full of wonder.

    ReplyDelete