I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 4, 2021

Really Living

This week I'll be using the Golden Tarot, created by Kat Black and published by U.S. Games. Along with it, I'll be drawing from the Yantra Deck, created by Karl Schaffner and Maya Deva Adjani. It was published by Vayu Publishing. Today's cards are Temperance and Life:

If one oversteps the bounds of moderation, the greatest pleasures cease to please.
―Epictetus

            There is a saying in recovery circles: "Easy does it, but do it." The second part of that statement is not a problem for me. When I get passionately involved in something, I don't shuffle slowly from one phase to the next , creating little clouds of dust at my feet. I careen from one stage to another, barely registering anything but the home plate I plan to slide into with great force. Now if there was a deadline that must be met, that might be different, but this is rarely the case. My lack of balance in this regard keeps me from recognizing the pleasure and joy I might experience at a moderate pace. It also creates a wide open door for mistakes and injuries. The Life yantra shows an abstract form of the wheel of life. It reminds me that if I'm not awake and aware as each moment unfolds during my trips around the sun, I have lost life's true meaning and purpose.

Every man dies. Not every man really lives.
―William Wallace

2 comments:

  1. Little clouds of dust, makes me think of Charlie Brown's friend Pig-Pen. :) We all have our place, and pace

    ReplyDelete