I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Upside-down Observations

From the Tarot de St. Croix, the Hanged Man; from the Archetype Cards, Knight:

The chances that you will wake up are in direct proportion to the amount of truth you can take without running away. ― Anthony de Mello

          Limbo is an uncomfortable place to be, but I often find myself there when my desires bump into the brick wall of reality. Intellectually, I know there are things we can control (our attitude and actions), things we may influence but not control (such as when we vote or offer suggestions), and things over which we have no control at all (which is pretty much everything external to us). Limbo holds me in a position of surrender until I my heart catches up with my head, giving me time to accept my powerlessness. The Knight archetype seeks to be benevolent and brave, serving others with integrity. When seeking to be of assistance, it can come as a surprise that the other person is uninterested unless we enable them to continue their downward spiral. At this point, I can judge them severely or see myself in them - that longing for the truth to be different than it is, and doing whatever I can not to see it.   

When you renounce something, you’re tied to it. The only way to get out of this is to see through it. 
― Anthony de Mello


No comments:

Post a Comment