I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Here Kitty, Kitty

From the New Liminal Tarot, the Chariot; from the Inward Oracle, Compassion:

Dogs come when they're called; cats take a message and get back to you later.
― Mary Bly

          Having been a cat owner for several decades, I realize that while I may consider them a pet, they have me (and the rest of the household) well trained. Lia, who can cry more pitifully than a baby, gets instant results. Likewise - as I consider the beams connecting the dragons and the charioteer - I wonder who is pulling the strings. Is his mind well-trained enough not to be pulled to and fro by his instincts and emotions (the dragons)? The Compassion card shows a heart-opening yoga pose of exposed vulnerability. Compassion comes from a tenderness and warmth of the heart in response to suffering, either our own or someone else. When the habits of my mind make me say and do unkind things, compassion rather than shame can help me improve. Of course that doesn't negate the responsibility of making amends. But can I see how others get yanked about by their own mental habits (often without awareness), and have compassion for them as well while still holding them accountable?

Lia


4 comments:

  1. Beauty. Honcho and Ash waving madly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lia waves a paw in return (and bats her eyes). :)

      Delete
  2. She is a beauty. Kitty has me pretty well trained. My days start and end with her demands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'd rather bow to the demands of most cats than many people, lol.

      Delete