I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 18, 2022

A Little Goes a Long Way

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Knower of Rivers (Knight of Cups); from the Animal Tiles, Spider:


The Knight of Cups represents fire in the element of water - a tricky balance. When I heat my tea kettle, the water inside can be useful for making hot tea. But left too long, the heat will evaporate all the water and burn up the kettle. This Knight feels his emotions deeply and passionately, which can help him be empathetic with others. But when too much fire (passion) is added, all logic and reason get tossed out the window (No, we cannot quit our jobs and live in a love shack forever). The Spider as a weaver of webs symbolizes creation. It doesn't build its webs haphazardly but with precision and focus. It asks, "What are you creating with your thoughts and actions? Have your emotions caused a loss in focus, creating not enough or too much tension?" 

If passion drives you, let reason hold the reins.
~Benjamin Franklin


4 comments:

  1. My recent thoughts ran away with me, and took me over the waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are bobbing along in your duckie float now! (((C)))

      Delete
  2. love my electric kettle, shuts off at boil. I once burned a hole in an aluminum pan, wandering off while waiting for the tea water to come to a boil :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that with my tea kettle - it's whistle had stopped working.

      Delete