I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Leaving Something Behind

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Two of Trees (Wands); from the Animal Tiles, Green Anole:

Blessed is the mother who has given us shape. (Two of Trees)

A woman stands between two trees that arch toward each other, seeming to form a passageway. She must decide whether to pass through or stay with what is familiar. The quote on the card comes a day after celebrating another trip around the sun. I find myself reassessing my life this morning, wondering if I want to maintain my status quo or make some changes. I've decided to walk into the coming year being more mindful of my physical, mental, and spiritual health, which means I need to make some new choices. The Green Anole has an autotomic tail which breaks off and wiggles to help it escape from a predator. A new tail will begin to grow that contains cartilage rather than bone. This lizard implies that if I want to go forward with my new intention, I must be willing to leave some old habits behind.

Youth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.
—Stanislaw Jerzy Lec


3 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Celebrate yourself. Maybe some experimenting in your new kitchen for your physical, mental, and spiritual health. Time for us all to let go of some the 'old' habits and find something new and challenging. Be Well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. After having a wall torn out of my kitchen, an ultrasound, a mammogram, and a colonoscopy in the span of a couple of weeks, I enjoyed just relaxing and listening to the birds on my back porch yesterday! :D

      Delete
    2. Wow! Lots going on. My couple of days stay at hospital seems easy peasy with all your goings-on. Take care of yourself and again, Celebrate YOU!

      Delete