I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, February 25, 2022

Deposits

From Hadar's Veritable Tarot de Marseille, the Ace of Cups; from the Greek Rune Tiles, Delta:


The covered chalice on the Ace of Cups is likely based on the ciborium used to hold the hosts for the Eucharist. The lid preserved its consecrated form while also keeping dust and bugs out of the bread and wine. I'm guessing the building on top of the Marseille-style Ace of Cups represented the kingdom (either of God or earthly) that would bring a sense of security and belonging. This particular card asks me whether I treat my relationship with other beings as sacred or whether they are taken for granted. Delta, besides being a Greek letter, is also used to describe the fertile sediment deposited when a river reaches a lake or an ocean. Like the meandering river, all the phases of any relationship can lead to my own emotional growth and development. There will be fertile soil to grow healthy connections with others if I pay attention along the way.

In the end, it is the reality of personal relationship that saves everything.
—Thomas Merton

4 comments:

  1. Definitely a Cup for consideration and not for consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we have different sediments today!
    Anything to obscure the fact it is just bread.

    ReplyDelete