I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 7, 2022

Watching and Learning

From the Tarot of Durer, the Knave (Page) of Chalices; from the Philosopher's Stone, Origin:

We tend to become like those we admire.
~Thomas Monson

This attentive Knave is affectionate and available to those in need. That's probably his to-do list he's reading, with elders that need home visits and help with errands as well as those who could use some emotional support. He doesn't require any recognition for what he does; the good feeling he receives for his altruism is enough. The Origin painting of a rock cracking is a nod to an egg hatching. Everything has a beginning, even the seed of kindness that has developed in this young man. He's had folks he looked up to that he's modeled his behavior on (not necessarily his parents). I'll never forget a woman telling me when I was in my early twenties that her daughter so admired me that she was even wearing her hair like mine. Looking back, I know that I wasn't someone I would want my own daughter to emulate at that point in my life. It's a good reminder that we never know who's watching and learning from us.


4 comments:

  1. I think I need to get Rob some tights. Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please video it when you try to wrangle him into wearing them? :D

      Delete
  2. We really do learn by example especially in those formative years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we never know who might be learning from us. :)

      Delete