I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Keep Your Eye on the Ball

From the Rosetta Tarot, the Eight of Disks; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, the Moon:


With a protective spread of her wings, an owl watches over the eight eggs in the nests below her. In Thoth-speak, the Eight of Disks is a caution to be prudent; patience, attention and care are needed at this point. The Lenormand Moon, however, signals positive recognition and honor for one's work, but those eggs haven't hatched yet. It would be easy to get distracted by fantasies, imagining all the good fortune that's about to come our way. Yet if we take our focus away from the task at hand, that future might not be very rosy at all. Apply oneself now, and the rewards will come later.

A garden requires patient labor and attention. Plants do not grow merely to satisfy ambitions or to fulfill good intentions. They thrive because someone expended effort on them. ~Liberty Hyde Bailey

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to balance planning my way ahead and allowing the Universe to show me my way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the best advice I've ever gotten was to make a sincere effort (my responsibility) and not worry or have expectations about the outcome (which is I my responsibility).

      Delete