I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Holy Grail of Relationships

From the Shining Tribe Tarot, the Gift of Rivers (Queen of Cups); from the Animal Tiles, Otter:


What would be the Holy Grail of Relationships? For me it would be someone who would listen sincerely and deeply to my thoughts and feelings. The energy (snake) and passion (flower) of emotions need a sounding board, or I might take some fleeting mood to be a permanent reality. This is what the Queen of Cups does so well - allowing a person to feel heard and cared about without adding to their distress or giving them false hope. The American river otter is well adapted to semi-aquatic living, a nod to the necessity of balancing our emotions and logic. Yet they are also playful creatures, engaging in chasing, mud sliding and water play. The happiest folks I know are the ones who haven't forgotten how to have fun, no matter what their age. As Jane McGonigal wrote, "The opposite of play isn't work. It's depression." I have a feeling this Queen might agree.

2 comments: