I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Full Value

From the Light Seer's Tarot, the Nine of Cups; from the Celtic Lenormand, Birds (Songbirds):
          The 'Wish' card appears today, showing a woman who must have been in need of a financial windfall. I have a friend who says, "Money can't bring happiness, but it sure can making living a little easier." Having lived hand-to-mouth in past years, I have to agree. But sitting on a stack of money doesn't bring nearly as much fulfillment as having someone to enjoy it with. This is the third Birds card I've drawn this week (this deck has three); all deal with communication and information, but in different ways. The chickens represent that which nourishes the body, the owls symbolize that which can engage the mind, and the songbirds serve as that which fulfills the spirit. The songbirds encourage me to be generous in sharing any good fortune that finds me. As Mark Twain instructs, "To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with."

2 comments:

  1. I have been watching the Berry College Nest Cam that you told me about a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete