I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Mistakes Aren't Failures

From the Idiosyncradeck, the Six of Arrows (Wands); from the Mixed Emotions Cards, Inspired:
          Only four of the arrows are visible in this card; two went wide, two fell short and two hit the bullseye. My generation seems to be caught in the expectation of perfection. Yet in the real world, mistakes are made and adjustments are taken. Those arrows that missed weren't failures, they were simply steps on the way to achieving the goal. The pairing of the Six of Wands with the Inspired card suggests that even when I lack confidence, I can look to others who kept trying until they succeeded. I can have faith that if others have climbed their mountains, with effort and perseverance, I can find my way too. 

Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.
~Dale Carnegie


4 comments:

  1. I can't really is our biggest stumbling block. Our primary teachers were right, there is no such word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try and then try again. Practice makes progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Practice makes progress is one of my favorite sayings. :)

      Delete