I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 3, 2020

Out With the Old

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Ten of Swords; from the OH Cards, Judge/Hesitate:

Wherever there is the death of one state of mind there is the birth of another.
—Francesca Fremantle

          I think I often over-analyze something because I desperately want it to work out a certain way, even though the chance of that is nil and none. At some point, I realize the deep, dark hole I'm standing in has been dug by me. If I want to get out, I've got to stop digging and start refilling my mind with other ideas and possibilities. Yet a new mindset is a bit uncomfortable to wear, like a stiff, new pair of jeans. As the Judge/Hesitate combination suggests, I might hesitate to discuss these new ideas with others because I am afraid of being judged. Unfortunately, that is a possibility. But instead of worrying, I can spend this adjustment period studying and investigating these views to see if they have any evidence beneath them. If I'm going to fill that hole, I might as well use some fertile soil instead of concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment