I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Leaving with Support

From the Light Seer's Tarot, the Eight of Cups; from the Celtic Lenormand, Birds:
          There is a nontraditional church in the area that has a Bowl Burning Ceremony at the end of each year. People write down what holds them back rather than helps them grow - regrets, resentments, blind beliefs, unhealthy attachments to people or things, etc. The symbolic burning is an intention to release these things and move on. Yet I am convinced that I can't let go of anything unless I am fully aware of how much pain and suffering holding on to it causes. I must see past my denial and lay down my rainbow-colored glasses and acknowledge it for what it is. The hens on the Birds card remind me of an article written by Karen Davis, who emphasizes the amazing memory, emotions, and sociability of chickens. Their social traits are associated with this Lenormand card - the trusted relationships that allow us to pour out our hearts and share our thoughts and ideas. Though a painful experience may make me want to isolate, it's my contact with others that will help me heal and move forward.

4 comments:

  1. Hope all went well in remodeling and house reconstruction. Good to have you back.
    I have been doing some work with EFT, Tapping. State the issue and release. Better than bowl burning which never released an emotion for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still have some renos to do, but it won't be as intensive as the reconstruction. My mom had a fall (and lives an hour away) so I was there with her part of the time. It's good to be back!
      I agree with you about the bowl burning. Transformation requires changing the way we think and act.

      Delete