I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Sabbath

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Eight of Disks; from the OH Cards, Nurse/Lie:
          In Thoth language, the Eight of Disks refers to prudence and patience - the opposite of the two roaring lions on either side of the lamb. When I am trying to create or accomplish something, it can feel frustrating to sit in that small space between the parts of my mind that tell me to bulldoze over all obstacles and run full tilt to the finish line. But if I listen to them, what I'm trying to cultivate and nurture won't have a chance to develop. The combination of Nurse/Lie blends well with the Eight of Disks if I consider all those times I injured myself, was exhausted, or recovering from illness and still tried to do everything I normally do and more. It may not be comfortable to sit with the roaring in my mind, but my body will thank me for it later.

I first found delight in the Sabbath many years ago when, as a busy surgeon, I knew that the Sabbath became a day for personal healing. ~Russell M. Nelson

2 comments:

  1. I too have 'roared'my way through challenging times, when I should have taken a respite. Older and wiser, I now just take my time.
    Better all the way around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too think age has provided me with some wisdom in this area. 😊

      Delete