I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, January 4, 2020

Lead Weights

From the Mary-El Tarot, Justice; from the OH Cards, Backstab/Guilt:

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart.
~Carl Jung

          "Weigh your heart," White encourages us. Ma'at, the Egyptian goddess of truth and harmony, waits to place my heart on a balancing scale with a feather. What would cause it to be so heavy? Self-pity, anger, greed, and selfishness could add some weight, as well as ungrounded fear. Those emotions that I want to blame on a cause outside myself are actually seeds I've planted in my own mind. Yet the Backstab/Guilt cards suggest another reason. Backstabbing doesn't necessarily have to be dramatic; it can be more subtle, such as making up names for people ('Hairpiece Harry'). Yet those little psychological nicks and cuts I inflict on others can change the living tissue of my heart into lead. I think I'll take Jung's advice instead.

4 comments:

  1. card created an info junkie moment. Found "Nail polish originated in China as early as 3000 BC.
    The ingredients included beeswax, egg whites, gelatin, and vegetable dyes. In Ancient Egypt, nail polish was even used to signify class rankings: The lower class often wore nude and light colors, while high society painted their nails red." So now we know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one thing I don't use - unless it's for chigger bites. :)

      Delete
  2. It is those little, seemingly inconsequential ditties that can do us in. Negative is Negative. Mean is Mean, I too work on those internal placards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mean is mean" - you are so right, no matter how we might how to hide it with a side of humor.

      Delete