I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Clear Vision of Truth

From the Mary-El Tarot, Justice; from the OH Cards, Hook/Owe:

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakes. ~Carl Jung

White states in the companion book that Truth is what brought order, justice, balance and morality to what was chaos. But, as she explains, Truth only arrives through "seeing things the way they really are, the inside vision matching the reality of the outside vision." That's the tough part, because my ego will always tell me that my version is the right one. This twist can easily be seen when I feel like I've been wronged or harmed. However the Hook and Owe cards give me a warning to be cautious in my judgment. I might want to hook the person who hurt me, hanging them like a piece of meat for all to see. But what actually happens is that my mind gets hooked, constantly regurgitating the past instead of living my life in the present. What do I owe? Forgiveness that allows me to let go of my bitterness and reclaim my freedom. It doesn't okay their actions but simply recognizes that clinging to my pain only exacerbates my suffering.

2 comments:

  1. I keep asking myself, whose Truths? Mine are different than others. Can I judge others by my truths? And judgement? Is that ours to make of another/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is the point - we get so involved with other people's actions, that we forget to be responsible for our own.

      Delete