I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Truth Telling

From the Hezicos Tarot, the King of Swords; from the Way of the Horse, Vigilance:


This King is pointy all over, from the top of his head to his spiky nose ring. It's pretty clear he's going to get to the point without any fluff or frippery. Though he won't intentionally hurt anyone with the truth, he does believe in being honest. Vigilance shows a horse with nostrils flared wide - a sign a alertness and adrenaline. When someone is honest with me about something I have done or said, I can have the same reaction, wanting to fight or flee. But as Josh Korda reminds me, "Without honesty there is no real bond between us, and without connection, nothing else really matters." Rarely does the other person want to make me feel bad, they just want to point out something that is standing in the way of a good relationship, whether as friends, family or a professional association. My self-worth isn't at stake, only the pillar my ego sits on.

Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving.
—James E. Faust

2 comments:

  1. He does have lots of pointy appointments. If I had counsel with this King, I would think he would definitely get straight to the point. Better that way. We all have a 'point' of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer getting to the point rather than going around and around first! :)

      Delete