I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Slowing Down

From the Osho Zen Tarot, the Knight of Pentacles; from the A'HA Oracle, Unfurling:


Tasks can get done if I'm moving quickly, but tasks get done well when I'm moving mindfully. It's hard not to want to rush through and get to the next thing (which usually just has another next thing behind it). However, this Knight suggests I slow down, pay attention to detail and stay in the moment. Unfurling reminds me of those little ideas or potential solutions that tickle the back of the mind as I go through the day. Yet it it usually only when I'm about to drop off to sleep (or upon waking) - when I'm relaxed - that they come fully open. I can move at a moderate pace with plenty of pauses when there is no race to win or fire to put out. And by doing so, my mind and body can work together.

Take a walk with a turtle. And behold the world in pause. 
~Bruce Feiler

4 comments:

  1. Cute - 'take a walk with a turtle'
    exactly how my days are right now.
    Slow down and take the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And by doing so, we might see a lot that we've missed! :)

      Delete
  2. I spent a lot of time this week just looking out a window. And instead of rushing out looking for things to see, things came to see me. A flock of wild turkeys..Way fun! a long family row of bobble head quail. And a mother and doe deer. Back and forth they went, again and again...Lovely.

    ReplyDelete