I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, July 6, 2018

A Ruffled Mind

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Nine of Swords; from the Day of the Dead Lenormand, the 'Sun:'
A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow. ~ Charlotte Bronte
          This could have been a snapshot of me last night. Part of my sleeplessness was because of intermittent fireworks going off until the wee hours of the morning (folks here don't want to waste the truckload they bought for the Fourth). But the chess set pieces around this woman tell the real tale: she is too busy planning and creating strategies to sleep. It dawned on me (in between pyrotechnic explosions) that I had forgotten to put together a topic for a meeting this Sunday. Yet even after getting my ducks in a row, my collection of mindfulness techniques couldn't slow it down enough for sleep to take over. The Sun from the Lenormand has a hopeful message that things will work out successfully. Daylight also helps to see things clearer - those worries that seemed so important last night never seem quite as critical when the sun is shining brightly. We see that in the place that totters between reality and the fantasy of dreams, all is not as solid as we thought.

4 comments:

  1. I am amazed each morning how the night worries become shadows in the day. I hope if you have something going on the day we are there, I can be included rather than you not going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things will be postponed unless there is an emergency. And I will gladly include you in my simple life as much as possible!

      Delete
  2. As kids we held our hands up to our eyes like binoculars and tin cans with string to fashion a telephone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We often did the tin can phone too (unless we were playing 'kick the cans' with them). :D

      Delete