I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Prep Work

From the Tarot of Pagan Cats, the Five of Swords; from Brownie Wisdom, 'The knowing:'
          What caused a dissolution of friendships because of a simple argument? My guess is that rigid, black-or-white thinking was at the root, a my-way-or-the-highway approach. Humans get so caught up in their opinions and beliefs that we forget that things are contextual - they always depend on the circumstances that formed the setting or created the situation. An immigrant has a different intention than a refugee. A child getting a free school breakfast has a motivation that is distinct from the guy who hangs out at shopping centers and hands out a sob story for money. Brownie Wisdom suggests that preparation in advance is a key for handling these disagreements. Rather than adding fuel to the fire, how can I respectfully present my ideas while listening to those of another with an open mind?

3 comments:

  1. Sharyn, I apologize - I think Blogger removed your comment. I've been trying to figure out why I no longer get any email notices when someone leaves a comment (I always did before). I've been changing some settings trying to see if it would help. I did do the 'suscribe' choice when they emailed me about the notices.

    I don't like to admit it, but I can slip into 'all or nothing' thinking without being aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our differences should be celebrated not disparaged.

    ReplyDelete