I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, July 23, 2018

Advice to Heed

From the Ancient Italian Tarot, the Eight of Chalices; from the Marseille Oracle, 'Inspiration:'
           The Ancient Marseille's booklet suggests the keywords 'maturity' and 'sentimental steadfastness' for this card. Lee Bursten refers to the Eights as 'the efficiency expert' (due to discipline and structure). The two chalices in the middle are flanked by three on top and three below. It reminds me of how family, coworkers, and friends or lovers can shape how we view relationships. Experiences, both good and bad, will form a model of what we look for in a mate and what we want to avoid. Those who mature through such bonds will learn what is healthy and what isn't; those who don't will simply repeat old patterns. The phrase given to the Inspiration card is, "Listen to the advice from those who love you." Those who care about us can see our patterns and be objective when we may be blinded by what we desire. If they love us, they want what is best for us, and it would be wise to listen to what they have to say.

5 comments:

  1. Choosing the right mate...that's a hard one.Hard to do and hard to find. Only was able to do that once and he left this earthly coil far to early 38 years ago.

    It's important that we pay attention to the opinions of those we respect and love.
    One of the wisest things I did was to finally learn to ask the question after Bill had died, when ever I was deciding to get 'involved' again I would ask myself would Bill like this guy? Looking back that answer more often than not, was no, and he wasn't a jealous guy, just wise, compassionate and loving. I figure this is why I'm still single! That kind of man is a rare breed.
    Thank you for the morning thought Bev <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about finding that rare gem of a man. My grandfather was an intelligent, kind and gentle man. Those were the characteristics that I looked for and found in my husband. 😊

      Delete
    2. The best kind Bev. My granddad was the same. <3

      Delete
  2. the loved one's opinion that matters most, is ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the final say and are the one responsible for the choice we make.

      Delete