I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 8, 2018

Embrace without Grasping

This week I'll be using the Via Tarot, created by Susan Jameson and John Bonner; the book and deck were published by Urania/AGM. I'll also be using the Nature's Pharmacy Deck created by the New York Botanical Garden and published by Chronicle Books. Today's draws are the Princess (Page) of Cups and St. John's Wort:
          This Princess/Page tiptoes lightly across the crest of a wave, signifying her emotional freedom. She's willing to embrace all emotions, holding them tenderly and compassionately, whether they are her own or those of someone else. The swan above her represents grace and beauty, which she has in abundance. The two symbols of wisdom - the tortoise and the lotus - are held outward to help keep her balance. Without wisdom, her sensitivity will become a hindrance rather than a help. The balance of compassion with insight is the skill she is attempting to learn. The bright yellow flowers of St. John's Wort hint at its herbal uses for depression, anxiety, and tension. One of its side effects is that this herb can metabolize some medications very quickly, leading to their ineffectiveness. Together, these cards are a reminder that we can't stick a flag in one emotion and claim it forever. Joy can't be faked (in an attempt to ignore reality), but contentment may be found in the moments if we take time to notice them.
Whatever has the nature of arising has the nature of ceasing. ~ Buddha

4 comments:

  1. I am SO contented. I never say it outloud for being laughed at as a boring ineffectual drudge. Contented as a cow chewing cud.

    I wouldn't take the high flying lifestyle if it came with a billion bucks and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Some people think my life is so simple and unadventurous that I must be bored out of my mind. Makes me laugh.😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you both are very present in your lives and that is the jewel that so many try to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (((Carolyn))) I'm so glad to have 'met' you through Sharyn. :)

      Delete