I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 19, 2021

A Happy Anniversary

From the Victoria Regina Tarot, the Ten of Cups; from the Alchemist's Oracle, Strength:

When you find your true home - your "tribe" - you will
also find yourself. ~James Ricklef

          Today is my wedding anniversary; my husband and I have been married thirty-two years today. We've survived quite a few storms (both literally and figuratively) as well as the challenges that come with raising a family and being a family. We've managed to stay reasonably sane during a pandemic while dealing with the need to constantly adapt. Now we support each other as we accept and adjust to aging bodies. I am so grateful for this man, not just for his enduring love, but because he allowed me to find myself - my own values, interests and beliefs - without trying to shame or sway me in any way. And this I know: I would not have the inner strength and peace I have without his encouragement to find for myself my own spiritual framework and path. Thank you, my kind and caring husband, for being you.

Richard and Bev - 1986


4 comments:

  1. How lovely. Happy Anniversary. Definitely a Ten of Cups day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it quite a coincidence that I drew this card today. :) Thank you for the good wishes!

      Delete