I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Being Recognized

From the PetraK Tarot, the Lovers; from the Astrodice, Pluto-Gemini-10th House:

I once had a dream in which someone asked me, "Why do we love people?" I answered, "Because they recognize us." I think this is true. ~Sharon Salzberg

          While the Two of Cups implies a partnership that may be emotional, intellectual, physical or financial, the Lovers point to a deeper, spiritual commitment. Such love reaches beyond what is external and temporary and sees instead what is on the inside. As Salzberg writes, "When someone recognizes a basic goodness within us, beyond our habits and conditioning, when someone recognizes who we fundamentally are, it is the most important thing that can happen to us, and we respond with great love." The 7th House emphasizes relationships; Gemini prefers a partner that stimulates the mind and has varied interests. But Pluto represents that unseen pothole that throws off the balance in relationships. What happens when one person loses their job or their physical or mental health? Such changes can test the depths of unions, the willingness to sit with the other's pain without running or hiding. Yet when we recognize that we could easily be the one needing care, such challenges can produce inner strength and a love that promotes dignity.

4 comments:

  1. Looking at another, really meeting their eyes, can validate them. So many feel invisible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that you are 100% right. Our society validates those who are considered useful. But we are ALL worthy.

      Delete
  2. I have dead people in my phone. As long as I don't delete those numbers it is another way to be reminded, to remember, to love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like my address book. I've had so many lessons in how to love from those who are no longer here.

      Delete