I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 12, 2021

Peace With All That Is

From the Tarot of the Master, the Four of Swords; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Fortuna Major:


          The Four of Swords shows the binding of swords, helmet and glove to a shield. Wouldn't it be wonderful if it could be that easy to bind those thoughts of worry and give the mind a rest? I've had many people on my mind and heart lately to the point that I needed a break in order not to break. Meditation usually helps, but when I'm on overload the best medicine is often getting my hands in the dirt. A dear friend lost her only sibling last week, the last link in her family chain. Yesterday, I loaded my car with a shovel, ferns, liriope, day lilies and some annuals and headed to her house. I had bought a birdbath, and I set it near the tree line then planted everything around it. She now has a mini memorial garden for her sister and can bird watch from her back porch. The Fortuna Major ('greater fortune') is that while I may have done something nice for someone else, I received the benefit of a rested mind and a healed heart. 

We are not called upon as Buddhists to deny the world, and certainly not to escape from it. We are called to live with it, and to make our peace with all that is.
—Clark Strand


6 comments:

  1. A lovely way to honor a friend, A life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you; it was helpful to use that energy to good purpose.

      Delete
  2. You are so good, and I'm thankful too to have you in my life. Watch your mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On occasion, I can pull myself out of self-orbit. :)
      Ah, now you've got me curious!

      Delete
  3. What a lovely idea! So very sweet; what a good friend you are. -Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - she has been like an older sister to me.

      Delete