I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Home Base

From the Tarot of the Master, the Two of Coins; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Carcer:


          It is interesting that the keyword given to this particular Two of Coins is 'foundation.' No matter what is swirling around us and how many things we are juggling, having a home base to return to for recharging is essential. We need to stay grounded - feeling safe, satisfied and connected - in order to meet what confronts us. Such a foundation allows us to act wisely and make judicious use of limited resources. The Carcer card (literally 'prison') warns of isolation and restriction. When overwhelmed and tired, I tend to go into box turtle mode, which can be helpful if rest and a lack of stimulation is needed. But staying in my shell for too long can keep me from the connection I need too, the reminder that I'm not alone and have hands that reach out to help me. Isolation will break my spirit, not heal it.

3 comments:

  1. We all need those moments of withdrawal to catch our breaths and balance ourselves out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Often easy to forget when we are spinning like a top. :)

      Delete
  2. Been there, done that and probably will again.

    ReplyDelete