I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 22, 2021

Collaboration

From the Herbcrafter's Tarot, the Three of Earth (pentacles); from the Green Wheel Oracle, Quiet Moon:

Cooperation is the thorough conviction that nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.
– Virginia Burden

          Rather than viewing the Three of Earth as a card of master craftsmanship, Guthrie sees it as a call for collaboration and companionship. I've never picked raspberries, but I have picked buckets of blackberries, which entails dealing with thorns, snakes and the scorching sun. I'd much rather have some friends to work and share the bounty with than do it alone. It doesn't really matter if one person is a faster or more skilled than another if the joy of companionship is in evidence. Tasks are always much more pleasurable and gratifying when laughter and light conversation abounds. The Quiet Moon reflects a time when the days are short and the nights are long. It is a time that encourages study and seeking that which inspires us. I'm a part of several groups whose camaraderie and knowledge I enjoy, although these days we are meeting on Zoom. I have hope that one day in the not-too-distant future we'll be able to spend time together in person again. I miss the hugs and touch of others.

4 comments:

  1. A job shared is a job halved and nice conversation does make the time pass quicker.

    ReplyDelete