I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Practice of Contemplation

This week I'll be using the PetraK Tarot, created by Petra Reiter-Köck and published by Piatnik. The oracle I'll be using this week is the AstroDice, created by Wessex Astrologer Ltd. It consists of three dice: one for Planets, one for Signs and one for Houses. Today's card and roll are the High Priestess and Mercury-Libra-5th House:

What we plant in the soil of contemplation, we shall reap in the harvest of action.
~Meister Eckhart

          The High Priestess seems to show that a balance needs to be struck between the practice of inner stillness and reflection with the outer activities of strategic planning and action. Yet there is an in-between step that is often missed - contemplation. What is learned through study and meditation does not automatically leap into my thoughts and actions. I must consider how my experience would change if this teaching was incorporated into my life. It can be helpful to imagine a relevant situation and how I could employ this wisdom to create change. The clear communication of Mercury with the diplomacy of Libra in the 5th House (joyful activities) suggest that part of my contemplation be centered on how I communicate and whether I am open-minded. To have a happy partnership with others will depend on the changes I'm willing to make, not my expectations of others.

We forget that the accumulation of knowledge and the holding of convictions must finally result in the application of that knowledge and those convictions to life itself. ~Jane Addams


3 comments:

  1. my daily lesson, what I think should be and what actually is...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And mine... how can I change for the better rather than expecting other people or circumstances to do it for me.

      Delete