I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, March 11, 2021

Celebrating Differences?

From the Tarot of the Master, the Three of Cups; from the Paracelsus Oracle, Rubeus:

          Looks like it is time to celebrate! Did you know that International Women's Day was this past week (March 8th)? The UN sponsored day describes this movement: "Women of the world want and deserve an equal future free from stigma, stereotypes and violence; a future that’s sustainable, peaceful, with equal rights and opportunities for all. To get us there, the world needs women at every table where decisions are being made." Sounds good, but I'm already thinking of Marjorie Taylor Greene and others of her ilk that I wouldn't want sitting at my table, which brings the Rubeus ('red' - passion) into play. Yet I also am reminded of the words of Audre Lourde: "It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences." I don't think I'm quite ready to party with Greene, but I suppose she does have a right to her opinion. And sometimes those with extreme opinions can serve as warnings to the rest of us not to sink our own ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment