I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, April 22, 2022

Let Sober Minds Prevail

From the Sacred India Tarot, the Seven of Arrows (Swords); from the Land Sky Oracle, Nourish:

Knowing the good, I ignore it. Recognizing the bad, I nevertheless follow it.
~Dhritarashtra in the Mahabharata

King Dhritarashtra's sons were greedy, unprincipled and out of control. The eldest son was determined to kill his uncle's sons and take power for himself. The King, knowing he was being unfair to his brother and his sons, refused to do anything about it. His only justification was that he loved his sons. The irony is that had he acted, he could have prevented a bitter war that would later ensue. It is especially hurtful to be deceived and taken advantage of by someone we care about. But the Nourish card - illustrated with an amethyst crystal - suggests we pause rather than become intoxicated by rage. With a calm, sane mind, we will be able to discern what we need to do to protect and restore rather than uselessly expending energy in revenge.


4 comments:

  1. I have been overwhelmed with anger and other nasty little thoughts when someone has seemingly 'done me wrong.' Now I try to look for the lesson to be learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emotion can be intoxicating, but you are wise to look for knowledge rather than revenge.

      Delete
  2. still ticks me off when someone says what makes me angry in someone else is in me

    ReplyDelete