I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 3, 2022

Personal Celebration

This week I'll be using the Gaian Tarot, a deck and book set created and self-published by Joanna Powell Colbert. I'll also be using the Goddess Oracle, a deck and book set created by Amy Sophia Marashinsky and illustrated by Hrana Janto. Today's draws are Four of Fire (Wands) and Maat:

Sometimes we need our own personal celebration or ceremony, one without invitations or fanfare. Maybe it is to express a deeply felt sense of gratitude, to mark a challenge met, or to build up our courage for an event soon to come. No matter how simple in appearance, these rites can have a powerful influence on our spirit. Maat, the Egyptian personification of truth and justice, reminds us to go forward with integrity. Having principles is important, but to maintain our wholeness, we need to act from them. When we do, we'll likely find we have a reason to create another sacred circle.

I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.
― Charlotte BrontĂ«

6 comments:

  1. I am ready to do a happy dance in hopes of getting Spring weather to finally settle in. Chilly and cold here and for rest of week. I am enjoying the blooming braford pear trees everywhere. So much promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The zinnia seeds I planted are growing, and I'm cheering them on!

      Delete
    2. Yay! Zinnias, such happy flowers, too cold here for now for them. Late Summer.

      Delete
  2. I'm enjoying walking around our new trees seeing the feathers I set free. They are evolving into the past, doesn't take anything from their original beauty and use. They are, just.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that sounds like a wonderful rite. :)

      Delete
    2. What a thought provoking viewpoint, "evolving into the past." That one requires some contemplation.

      Delete