I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Until We Know

From the Gaian Tarot, the Eight of Cups; from the Tea Leaf Reading Cards, Moon:


When we are in an unhealthy relationship for an extended period - whether at work, with a partner, in a family or group, or even with our self - we are changed. What others view as emotionally damaging, we come to think of as normal. It is not until we finally step out of that environment, like the octopus becoming human, that we understand just how insane it was. The Moon Tea Leaf card suggests emotions and reflection. It would be easy to denigrate and flagellate oneself when we grasp the muck we've willingly been swimming in. But we don't know until we know, and only then can we move on to something better.

Whenever I notice something about myself I don’t like, or whenever something goes wrong in my life, I silently repeat the following phrases: This is a moment of suffering. Suffering is part of life. May I be kind to myself in this moment. May I give myself the compassion I need.
― Kristin Neff

2 comments: