I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Scrapbooking

From Tarot by Caro, the Magician; from the Holitzka I Ching, Hexagram 46:

We are made of the same stuff as the stars, so when we study astronomy we are in a way only investigating our remote ancestry and our place in the universe of star stuff.
~Harlow Shapley

Using desire, single-mindedness, and the resources at hand, the Magician incarnates his vision. But the stars he is made of is a warning of interconnection, that all we say and do affects other people and things. Though on a very small scale, those effects can ripple outward. Since everything leans on something else, what we add or take away can either be of benefit or detrimental. Hexagram 46 is often called 'Pushing Upward' as in something that grows from the earth. Even if we aren't aware of the consequences of our words or actions, they will produce something - either briers or edible fruit. Time has a way of producing a scrapbook for us to peruse. On the plus side, we can always add different pages if we don't like what we've seen.

2 comments:

  1. blogger is messing with us again. Noticeable on comments. Anyway, I'm really enjoying this deck, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that too. This deck was an impulse buy to distract me. :) But I'm so glad I did!

      Delete