I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 7, 2022

The Natural Order

From the Gaian Tarot, the Six of Water (Cups); from the Goddess Oracle, The Erinyes:


Several generations unite in this card, a reunion of reconnection and remembrance. During such occasions, we often discover the changes in each other; our mind must play catch up with the way people have aged or have adopted new opinions and beliefs. Do we find it hard to still care about these people we once loved because they are different in ways we don't approve of? The Erinyes were Greek goddesses of vengeance, punishing humans for crimes against the natural order. Change is the natural order of things; to expect otherwise is to create suffering for ourselves. Sean Dietrich wrote, "Nostalgia is a powerful narcotic." No matter how hard we may wish it were so, it is not reality. Surely there is something in the present we can find to love and be joyful about.



3 comments:

  1. I find myself gobstopped at how old my school companions are. I guess because I don't have any gray haired kids to age myself against.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do the same thing. My mind preserves them at a certain stage until I see them years later.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I am older. Hair is gray and I move much more slowly, but still celebrate myself.

    ReplyDelete