I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 30, 2012

Crooks and Consequences

     From the Golden Dawn Tarot, the Hierophant:
The first thing I noticed about this priest is that he holds a shepherd's crook for a staff.  Now I have never used such an object to herd or rescue a sheep, but I have used the one they have at pools (very long!) in rescues as training for a lifeguard class.  Part of me looks at this guy and sees the rules/dogma he holds in his hand and the bulls on his throne and think, "No thanks."  But the other part of me sees the staff and wonders how many people he may keep out of harm's way because of his influence.  Does he guide with an iron fist or with a compassionate heart?  That to me would make all the difference.

     From The Circle, "Consequence:"
Something is dropped in water, making a small splash, but concentric circles of water ripple out from the point of contact.  What a perfect pictorial symbol of how my words or actions can have an effect in ways I never even considered!  Which is why I need to "pause for the cause" and think before I act or speak.  Impulsiveness rarely has positive consequences... 

No comments:

Post a Comment