I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 12, 2012

Decisions, Decisions

Today's draw from the Albano Waite Tarot is the Two of Swords, one I seem to choose a lot lately:
This particular card seems divided into three sections: the yellow (air), the blue (water) and the gray (stone).  Here is an impasse - the woman's thoughts are wrestling with her emotions, and she has become as immovable as the rock bench she sits upon.  At this point, she sees no resolution between them, so she chooses to do nothing.  In the sky is a waxing crescent moon, indicating this struggle will grow until it can't be ignored - for better or for worse, a decision will have to be made.

     From the Rumi Cards this morning:

Your grief lasted so long...
Look, healing is here.
Your door was locked.
Look, here is the key.
I have an issue with honesty and trust; it someone is dishonest (and in my book untrustworthy), I close the door of our relationship and lock it behind me.  I don't hate the person, I just don't care to associate with them anymore.  As I grow older, I'm reconsidering burning all those bridges.  Perhaps the person made a huge mistake, and what they did was not a pattern of behavior but a big error in judgment.  Maybe some of those doors I locked should be opened again... 

No comments:

Post a Comment