I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 11, 2012

It's on the Table

My daily tarot card this morning from the Albano Waite is the Magician:
Life consists in what a man is thinking of all day. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
This fellow is dressed simply with four tools on his table: a rod, a chalice, a coin and a sword - motivation/passion, relationships/feelings, financial/physical health, positive thoughts/honesty.  I don't see an Iphone, Ipad, BMW car, or a pair of Nike sneakers anywhere.  The Magician reminds me that I have all the resources I need to have a life that is fulfilling and satisfying.  The roses and lilies that surround him symbolize the garden he has grown with his tools.  I don't need to wait until this or that happens, or until I get something I don't have.  The time to act is now, if I want to grow a beautiful garden.

     The draw from the Rumi Cards today is:
Eat on and on, you lovers, at Eternity's table;
Its feast is forever;
And spread out for you.
I don't think it's a coincidence that there is a table in the first card and a mention of one in the second.  A table is made to hold a variety of things; we each have them (literally and metaphorically) in our lives.  But do I wander past, not knowing or appreciating what they hold for me?  Or am I so busy I think I don't have time to sit there?  I might worry that once I "eat" it may disappear forever, but according to Rumi these gifts are always here.  My only task is to sit down and enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment