I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 16, 2012

Grounding the Heart and the Mind

From the Albano Waite Tarot, the Queen of Cups:
If you want to know who's a Queen of Cups personality, watch what a person does after they ask, "So how are you?"  Most don't even stick around to hear what you have to say; they either tell you what's going on in their lives or flit off to "talk" to someone else.  The true queen of this suit will sit down, look you in the eye, and listen to every word you say.  Her face will reflect your own emotions.  Empathy is a wonderful trait, but must be grounded so another person's reality doesn't become your own.  Though the queen sits at the edge of the water, and her gown looks like a flowing stream, her throne rests securely on terra firma.  Today I will remember the difference between compassion and enmeshment, and focus on kindness without getting drawn into drama.

     From the Rumi Cards:

If you read nothing and wisdom sees your fervor,
Awareness will sit in your hand like a tamed dove.
I can easily become passionate about things, but my fervor often drives me to research through books and the internet.  This is not necessarily a bad quality, but I tend to live in my head too much.  I must remember to live life by experiencing it, not just by reading about it.  True wisdom is a mix of book learning and experiential learning; such awareness allows me to connect my mind, body and spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment