I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Past and Present

From the Albano Waite Tarot, the Six of Cups:
The children and flowers in this card represent healing the past and integrating it with the present.  The number six symbolizes a return to harmony; it may be a memory I need to come to terms with, a person I need to reconcile with, or someone I've lost contact with whose reunion will benefit me.  These children are outdoors, away from the protection of the castle.  I must let down my guard (see the one walking away in the image?), and become vulnerable.  Honesty, gentleness, and goodwill will serve me well in this process.

     From the Rumi Cards:
Don't despair if the friend sends you away;
He may chase you away today;
He'll call for you tomorrow.

It's funny how time can change your perception of things.  What seemed like the end of the world at one point in my life barely even registers in my memory banks now.  It's good for me to take a long range view of things when I feel hurt or angry.  I could be laughing about the same situation a year from now...

No comments:

Post a Comment