I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Still Waters and Roots that Reach Them

From the Daughters of the Moon, the Four of Blades:
At first I thought I was looking at the Two of Swords, as this image is so similar to that of the RWS.  But this woman also has two swords crossed beneath her as well as crossed over her chest.  The title Morgan gives is "Deception," which seemed odd until I mulled it over.  The deception here has not come from outside but within.  She's decided there is a situation that needs to be fixed or a person that needs to change.  Unfortunately, she soon discovers her efforts have no influence whatsoever.  So what does she do?  She renews her purpose and tries harder - and of course gets nowhere.  Finally, exhausted and frustrated, she pauses and stops planning and revamping her strategies.  Her mind, body, and heart become calm like the water behind her.  She finds a well of wisdom within that is much deeper than her ego, and eventually answers float to the top.  Her insight leads to acceptance and peace of mind.

     From the Raven Cards:
The first part of my childhood, I lived with my grandparents.  They were quiet, loving people who believed in fully attending to one task at a time if possible.  Both of them loved nature - my grandmother was an avid birdwatcher, and my grandfather loved to take long walks.  I've inherited these traits from both of them; I find that when I go for walks or sit quietly and watch the birds and other animals, I become calm and grounded.  Going back to my roots in this way allows me to reconnect with them, and as an added plus, renew my spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment