I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Either / Or and Altogether

This week I'll be using the Daughters of the Moon Tarot, created by Ffiona Morgan.  Very feminist in its approach (both illustrations and companion guide), I find I do best with the images when relying on my intuition rather than strictly following the meanings in the book.  Today's draw is the Two of Flames (Wands):
According to the text, this is Mahuea, the Polynesian goddess of fire, who brought fire to the people and taught them how to use it.  In a tarot context, I see two burning desires that oppose each other: doing things alone vs. with a group, taking the known path vs. blazing a new trail, or following the advice of your heart vs. sticking with the advice of your head.  The wall Mahuea sits on lets me know I'm in a holding pattern until I make a choice.  She's not making a move until I do.

     The oracle deck I'll be using this week is called the Raven Cards, and was created by Gabi Bucker.  Here's my draw for the day:
I love to find and collect feathers I come across on my walks.  Because of mites and other bugs, I generally give them a good washing when I get home.  Invariably, the feather will separate and look quite raggedy until I dry it and reset the barbs in the vanes.  As the card says, a feather only works when the vanes are connected.  It seems my choice above would be tied to working with others rather than going it alone.  Others can help me see a more holistic view than the small slice I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment