I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 19, 2012

Planting Seeds

   From the Daughters of the Moon, the Maiden of Pentacles (a Page/Knight combination):
This maiden is Lava, Slavic goddess of spring, beauty, love and fertility.  With the arrival of the vernal equinox, she was said to return to the earth from the underworld each year, bringing spring with her.  An appropriate card to draw, as tomorrow marks the equinox here in the northern hemisphere.  The birch branch she carries reminds me to sweep out what is useless, and look with fresh, clear eyes.  This image, with its flowers, green grass and animals, encourages me to open my mind to new ideas.  As the equinox is a time when day and night are equal, it is a nudge for me to adjust what is out of balance in my life.  Here in the South, the azaleas and dogwoods are in full bloom, as if nature is having a celebration.  Perfect timing, as today is my 23rd wedding anniversary.

     From the Raven Cards:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~ Thomas Edison
Each day is filled with potential and possibilities, but my attitude and mindset can ignore them all.  "I don't have time.  I don't know how.  I don't want the responsibility."  This card persuades me not to miss chances I might regret later.  You just never know what may sprout from the seed that is planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment